Focus on the F Tag: Phase III is coming SOON!
Additional requirements for QAPI in Phase III include the following:
· 483.70 Administration (d)(3) Governing Body Responsibility of QAPI Program
· Interpretation: QAPI is at the level of the Board of Trustees (or governing body). The analogy would be “getting Boards on board with QAPI.” The governing body is responsible and accountable for QAPI.
· 483.12 Freedom from Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation (b)(4) Coordination with QAPI Plan
· Interpretation: QAPI is involved in review of allegations/incidences of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
· 483.21 Comprehensive Person-Centered Care Planning (b)(3)(iii) Trauma Informed Care
· Interpretation: Person-centered, trauma informed care is a component of the QAPI process.
· 483.75 Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (g)(1) QAA Committee the addition of the Infection Control Preventionist/Officer (ICPO)
· Interpretation: The infection control preventionist is a member of the QAA committee.
Staff Contact: Danielle Watford, Director of Quality Improvement & Regulatory Affairs