Director of Nursing
The Brentwood Center located in Yarmouth Maine is currently seeking an experienced, energetic and compassionate RN to join our amazing team of professionals today as our Director of Nursing. This is a Full-time position with excellent rates, weekly pay as well as a Sign-on Bonus and terrific benefits. Must have 4-5 years of verifiable Director of Nursing or Assistant Director or Nursing experience.
What makes National Health Care Associates (NHCA) a GREAT fit for you?
When you join NHCA, you become part of a premier provider of short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and post-hospital care. Our care team of more than 7,000 employees in seven states cares for patients throughout the Northeast. We built a comprehensive network of services for each of our 40+ centers, carefully designed to address the individual needs of every person entrusted to our care.
Our mission is to provide our residents and their families with superior care delivered by staff dedicated to the principles of kindness, compassion, service, and excellence in an environment where individuality, dignity, and value of those who are served, as well as those who serve, is nurtured and appreciated. We believe that life, at all stages and with all of its challenges, is a precious gift to be shared and celebrated. It is our privilege to participate in the lives of our residents, their friends and families by offering them not only physical but emotional care, comfort, and support.
At National Health Care Associates…We Touch People’s Lives.
Who You Are:
· Kind, Compassionate, Service Minded, & Excellence Driven
What You Will Do:
· Direct the coordination of all nursing services
· Act as liaison between the Administrator and nursing services administration
· Review inspection reports with the Administrator retrospectively to institute a plan of correction as required. Monitors results
· Assist Administrator with ongoing updating and review of nursing policies and procedures to assure continued quality of care
· Maintain professional contacts within the local community. Represents the facility to residents and their families.
· Cooperate with the Administrator in the overall planning of the facility's goals and objectives as requested
· Assume any appropriate responsibilities and duties of the Administrator in his/her absence
· Ensure that nursing requirements for licensure and accreditation are maintained. Documents all professional licenses
· Calculate staffing levels for nursing services department as required by the State of Public Health Code
What You Will Need:
· BSN Preferred
· 3+ years as Director of Nursing in a for-profit Long-Term Care facility
· Strong written and communication skills
· Passion for supporting the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill
· Ability to work collaboratively with supervisors, co-workers, and facility staff
· Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment
· Willingness to be on call as necessary
· Registered Nurse licensed in the state of employment
· Minimum of three years additional education or experience in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing and one year of nursing services administration
· CPR certified
· Understanding of Medicare guidelines
What We Offer:
An engaging and supportive work environment where every employee is valued, a rewarding career, and outstanding benefits, which currently include:
· Medical/RX plans HMO’s & HSA
· Multiple Dental Plans
· Vision Plan
· Paid STD with voluntary buy-up
· Paid Life Insurance with voluntary buy-up & dependent coverage
· LTD coverage
· 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
· Competitive wages
· Ample paid time off
· Shift/weekend differentials
· Modern/updated facilities
· Opportunity for advancement
· Nursing Scholarship Program
Diversity, Inclusion, & Engagement at National Health Care Associates:
At National Health Care Associates, we not only accept difference, we promote it, we embrace it, and we thrive on it for the betterment of our patients, our employees, and our culture.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law.