As part of a high-functioning care team, and an integral part of the leadership team, the Housekeeping supervisor is responsible establishing systems, directing, and overseeing all aspects of housekeeping services for the facility; with a strong focus on infection control and the safety of our Residents. The Housekeeping Supervisor reports to the facility Administrator.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
HOUSKEEPING and INFECTION CONTROL:
MANAGEMENT and LEADERSHIP:
- Organize and assign all housekeeping tasks so that the workload is evenly divided among housekeeping personnel on the basis of size and physical layout of the facility.
- Develop and supervise a daily cleaning schedule.
- Keep a regular schedule of all daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual Housekeeping requirements.
- Closely supervise work schedule to be sure there is no over-staffing, and that scheduled staff is used efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain a facility that is neat in appearance and odor free at all times.
- Assist the housekeeping staff in the completion of work assignments as needed.
- Develop and supervise a schedule for special cleaning such as windows, walls, curtains, “stripping” floors, washing beds, etc.
- Fill in, as needed, for housekeeping staff, including days off, vacations and call-ins.
- Follow checklists to see that employees are carrying out their departmental duties.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, orienting, training, evaluating, and supervising the Housekeeping Department personnel.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and performance management to your staff.
- Provide effective annual performance evaluations.
- Recognize staff for exceptional job performance on a regular basis and as part of their formal performance evaluation.
- Keep required records of monthly maintenance checks and monthly cleaning report as directed by Administrator.
- Schedule Housekeeping employees in keeping with census and labor budget.
- Verify that the appropriate equipment, supplies, and resources are available to staff as needed. Monitor the purchasing and usage of equipment and supplies in order to avoid improper use and eliminate unnecessary waste; keeping within budget and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Keep the Housekeeping Department functioning in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner at all times.
- Keep Administrator informed on a daily basis of housekeeping functions, recommending changes in techniques or procedures for a more efficient operation.
- Work closely with Administrator in resolving any grievances or problems related to the housekeeping department.
- Create and implement procedures for department equipment to be operated only by trained, authorized personnel in a safe manner.
- Function as a member of the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee, Safety Committee, and Budget Committee.
- Follow established policies and procedures for the Housekeeping Department.
- Attend as requested and contribute to Interdisciplinary Resident Care Plan Meetings.
- Lead and/or Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
||Seaport Village Healthcare
|Posting Start Date:
- High school diploma
- Experience in and practical knowledge of day-to-day cleaning in a nursing facility.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Provide excellent leadership to your team.
||This listing expires on: 12/30/2020
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
Seaport Village Healthcare
19 GENERAL MOORE WAY
ELLSWORTH, ME 04605
KYLE SENNETT, BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER