Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
About the Position
- The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is part of the Holbrook Health Center Clinical team, which includes Director of Nursing, MDS Coordinator, and 2 Charge Nurses on each shift
- Holbrook Health Center a 40 bed skilled nursing facility located within the Piper Shores community.
- Low CNA to resident ratios.
- 5-star quality rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Excellent compliance track record, most recent survey deficiency-free.
Primary responsibilities include oversight of the infection control program, staff supervision and development, and clinical support as needed. A passion for teaching/training nursing assistants and licenses nurses is a must.
This role offers a clean and safe work environment and a strong work-life balance, competitive salary and benefits, as well as professional development and growth opportunities. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two years of leadership experience in geriatric nursing, and must be a registered nurse with a current license in Maine.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provides training, coaching, and development to Health Center staff and conducts new hire orientation for all new Piper Shores employees as needed. Ensures new Health Center staff have received competency-based training.
- Oversees employee health/infection control programs for the Holbrook Health Center.
- Conducts in service education and is responsible for continuous competency based in-person training for all health center nursing and ancillary staff.
- Ensures that facility is in compliance with staff development in-services and other educational programs.
- Performs direct supervision of staff, including making recommendations for disciplinary action and providing input for performance reviews of Nursing and Certified staff.
- Performs duties of charge nurse if needed when staffing levels necessitate in order to meet the needs of the residents.
- Responds to emergency calls as necessary.
- Provides support to the DON and serves in a Director capacity when DON is away.
- Offers ongoing support in care plan development for all licensed staff.
- Participates in the coordination of admissions and discharges of health center resident.
- Licensed RN in the State of Maine.
- Minimum of 1 year of long-term care experience, with a thorough understanding of State of Maine regulations, or equivalent state regulations.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a licensed nurse preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Infection Control certification or willingness to become certified upon employment.
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain prior to employment.
About Piper Shores
Located in Scarborough, Maine, Piper Shores is Maine’s first and only nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community. Piper Shores is Maine’s only CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) Accredited facility and maintains a With a focus on person-centered care, the Holbrook Health Center offers a wide range of services to residents and provides exemplary levels of care.
Job Type: Full-time
Security check-point and screening station for all employees, residents and visitors, PPE provided, excellent infection control measures and a strong commitment to remain a COVID free facility