Marshall Healthcare Facility is located in beautiful Machias, Maine. Our employees are among the most dedicated and loyal caregivers with some having worked here over 25 years. They provide personal attention and care in our home-like setting.
At Marshall, we offer comprehensive 24 hour nursing care along with clinical management of chronic disease. In addition to the attention provided by our highly trained and skilled staff, our residents have complete access to restorative nursing and therapy services on an as needed basis. Through professional care planning and engaging activities, the aim is to help individuals live as independently as possible, with dignity and respect.
For more information about us, please visit our website at:
Apply Here for Marshall Nurse Manager
As a lead within a strong clinical team, you support the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Service Department. Reports to the Director of Nursing.
• Ensure that nursing practice complies with regulatory and legislative requirements;
• Help develop and implement immunization programs for resident/patients and staff;
• Performs clinical rounds on assigned nursing units;
• Promote, establish, and maintain customer relationships with resident/ patient(s), families, staff, community and other professionals;
• Implement policies and procedures regarding communicable diseases, infection control and isolation procedures as well as other systems pertinent to nursing education.
• Implement policies and procedures in collaboration with the Director of Nursing and Nursing Home Administrator.
• Provide support with staff competence with electronic charting system (ECS).
• Make written and verbal reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing as necessary concerning the operation of the nursing department.
• Ensure all nursing staff understand and follow their respective job descriptions.
• Participate in state and federal surveys with authorized government agencies as requested or directed by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
• Assist and implement appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.
• Participate in the development, implementation, and review of resident discharge plans.
• Ensure assessments, reports, evaluations, studies, and charting is completed according to regulation, standards of practice, and policy.
• Actively participate in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program as directed by the Director of Nursing.
• Maintain appropriate and adequate communication and relationships with residents and family members.
• Educate and maintain infection control policies and procedures.
• Participate in various committees and workgroups as requested.
• Participate in care plan meetings as necessary as part of the Resident Assessment Instrument process.
• Ensure sufficient numbers of licensed and certified staff are available each shift to meet regulatory requirements and provide appropriate care to residents.
• Participates as in routine and daily care of residents to include but not be limited to assistance with ADLs, meal/snack passing and assistance with eating, functional maintenance plans/nursing restorative plans, and activities.
• Complete routine rounds each day to ensure all staff are performing work assignments in accordance with acceptable standards.
• Review complaints and concerns made by families, residents and staff, communicate these concerns including follow up with the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator as appropriate.
• Ensure care plans reflect the resident’s current needs and status.
• Identify and report any safety related concerns and occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, potentially infectious or hazardous materials in accordance with policies and procedures regarding accidents and incidents.
• Oversee the admission process; inform team members of prospective admissions, room assignments and care needs.
• Conduct rounds with physicians as necessary.
• Ensure nursing services are provided within the scope of practice of nursing personnel.
• Report, investigate, and take appropriate action with regard to medication administration practices and care concerns.
• Complete and deliver assigned staff performance evaluations
• Participate in disciplinary process, which should be administered fairly, in accordance with employee policies and procedures.
• Identify and access available resources to develop and implement an ongoing education plan appropriate for each level of nursing staff