Director of Nursing/Clinical Services
Maine Veterans’ Home is a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized care. We are a long-term, skilled nursing, residential care and rehabilitation home for Maine veterans, their spouses and Gold Star parents.
We are seeking a caring, dynamic, self-directed individual to fulfill the role of Director of Clinical Services. This position oversees and leads the nursing department and staff in the care of our long-term care and skilled residents. The DCS will also be an integral part of the leadership team who will prepare our staff for the move into our new building.
Our new building transforms us from an institutional nursing home, to a more innovative, holistic approach to long-term care called “small house”. The ideal candidate will have a high clinical IQ, exceptional communication skills, and an overall passion for excellence and resident directed care.
This is an opportunity for a forward thinking industry leader to innovate and implement a new model of care and standards for long term care in Maine.
- Develops vision and standards for the clinical team ensuring use of evidence based practices.
- Serves as Clinical Expert on small house model of care, leading transformation of the care model to resident directed.
- Directs the nursing department programs and activities, ensuring the clinical staff consistently incorporates resident autonomy, dignity, and choice as core values in their service delivery.
- Provides oversite and participates in a collaborative quality assurance and compliance monitoring program for the nursing department that measures resident satisfaction and state, federal, and VA compliance.
- Uses the MVH QAPI framework to improve quality of care to residents and monitors health outcomes and key measures.
- Directs, facilitates, and guides clinical improvement activities to achieve improvement targets as established by the leadership team.
- Drives innovation, engagement and continued programing growth to continue to lead the way in quality of care and service.
- Ensures the competence of staff is assessed, maintained, demonstrated and improved continually; promotes staff’s job-related education and advancement; fosters communication and cooperation among individuals; ensures that supervisors perform all supervisory functions in a fair and consistent manner, to include job orientation, training, and accurate and meaningful performance appraisals.
- Manages staff development to ensure required orientation is completed on new hires and mandatory in-service education is provided to current staff.
- Works closely with and provides oversite for the MDS nurses, ensuring that the MDS and care planning process is in compliance and effective.
- Investigates allegations of resident abuse/neglect/complaints, interviews staff, writes and submits reports for administrator review.
- Works with regulatory agencies, utilizing knowledge of state, federal and VA regulations, to ensure that MVH achieves/maintains compliance with Medicare/Medicaid/VA requirements, and works towards establishing/maintaining effective professional relations with these regulators.
- Conducts or provides oversite of the clinical review of residents; addressing falls, skin integrity concerns, pharmacy, infection control, and other resident-focused reviews.
- Works closely with the Administrator on a variety of management issues regarding nursing services policies, regulatory requirements, and strategic and budgetary planning.
- Works closely with the Medical Director and outside medical services/facilities to coordinate the overall medical needs and services for the residents.
- Other duties as assigned
Director of Nursing/Clinical Services
||Maine Veterans' Homes - Augusta
|Posting Start Date:
- BSN with a current unencumbered RN license to practice in the State of Maine.
- Knowledge of skilled and long-term care nursing regulations.
- Nursing skills in Gerontology
- Understanding of current nursing theory and research including evidence-based practice.
- Collaborative work style.
- Understanding of how the change process affects people.
- Excellent observational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Commitment to achieving excellence.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
||This listing expires on: 5/18/2021