Healthcare Business Office Manager
Are you looking for variety and independence in your next role? Do you enjoy juggling multiple tasks and being the reliable, go-to person in the office? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are Woodlawn Nursing Center in Skowhegan AND Dexter Health Care in Dexter. Our goal is to find someone who can help both of our facilities manage our office processes and keep things running as efficiently as possible.
This is a full time role where you will divide your work hours between the Skowhegan and Dexter offices.
Responsibilities include handling of resident personal funds, handling incoming payments, billing, collections, accounts payable and maintaining organized filing systems. In addition, you will be the local contact for employee new hire, benefit and payroll paperwork.
Healthcare Business Office Manager
||Woodlawn Rehabilitation Center
|Posting Start Date:
Coordinate, and perform business office functions under the direction of the Administrator in accordance with sound accounting practices.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees, and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
- Prepare and submit reports on a timely basis as required and directed by Administrator, this company, and governmental agencies.
- Accumulate and maintain, in an organized manner, vital statistics relating to admissions, discharges, deaths, transfers and daily census of facility residents.
- Prepare and submit monthly resident billings for services provided.
- Responsible for monthly Medicaid, Medicare, and other insurance billings along with timely follow-up with intermediaries on delinquent payments.
- Monitor and manage the accounts receivable and collection processes.
- Pursue past due accounts persistently and maintain proper back-up documentation.
- Obtain and submit all required documentation to bill third party payers as per program/company guidelines.
- Maintain financial records including cash receipts, cash disbursements; accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll journal, and general ledger as directed.
- Attend department head meetings, seminars, and workshops, when approved, to assure current knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to bookkeeping functions.
- Be responsible for ensuring daily bank deposits are made and reconciling all facility cash and checking accounts.
- Verify that resident trust is accurately recorded.
- Provide statistics to audit and reimbursement for year-end processing.
- Maintain an accurate accounting of patient trust funds including monthly reconciliation and quarterly statements to responsible parties.
- Reconcile petty cash for Patient Trust Fund daily.
- Participate in the resident admission process by providing explanations of the facility’s rates, billing cycle and payment terms, including collecting the first month’s advance payment upon admission.
- Supervise and oversee other business office clerical staff, as assigned.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Business Degree or experience in health care facility; office management preferred.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Excellent computer skills; ability to MS Office suite of products, as well as experience with financial systems.
- Amazing customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Self-motivated, able to keep up with this demands of this position.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
||This listing expires on: 8/3/2021