Administrator - LTC & Skilled Nursing
Dexter Healthcare in Dexter, Maine - 53 bed skilled nursing and rehab facility needs a FT Administrator
If you desire an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of many and enjoy being a member of a high-functioning, dedicated team….please consider what we may offer...
APPLY FOR THE JOB apply here
If you have great operational experience, a proven dynamic approach to leadership and resident care, have a Maine Administrator's license and at least three years of solid experience in skilled nursing and rehabilitation, you will be considered for this role.
**Did you only recently earn your Administrator's license? That's fine! Apply and speak with us anyway. Dexter healthcare may just be the place you can showcase your talent.
Please include a cover letter and resume sharing the experience, skills, and previous successful results you would bring to an Administrator role.
Administrator - LTC & Skilled Nursing
|Posting Start Date:
To lead and direct the overall operations of the facility in accordance with customer needs, government regulations, and Company policies, with a focus on maintaining excellent care for the residents while achieving the facility’s business objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects its employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the facility’s programs and activities in conjunction with the facility’s operational budget and state and federal regulations.
- Lead the facility management staff and consultants in developing and working from a business plan that focuses on all aspects of facility operations, including setting priorities and job assignments.
- Monitor each department’s activities, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback and assist, observe, coach, and discipline as needed.
- Develop an environment that allows for creative thinking, problem-solving, and empowerment in the development of a facility management team.
- Oversee regular rounds to monitor the delivery of nursing care, operation of support departments, cleanliness and appearance of the facility; morale of the staff; and ensure resident needs are being addressed.
- Exhibit positive customer service both to internal and external customers.
- Utilize survey information, in addition to other source documents, to address areas of importance as defined by our customers.
- Verify that the building and grounds are maintained appropriately and that equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly, and any hazardous conditions are addressed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and confirm compliance with all governmental regulations.
Facility Staffing and Retention
- Monitor Human Resources practices to verify compliance with employment laws and company policies, and to confirm practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, proactive supervisory practices, and maintaining a proactive work environment.
- Manage turnover and solidify current and future staffing through the development of recruiting sources, and through appropriate selection, orientation, training, staff education, and development.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent department managers, supervisors, and other auxiliary personnel.
- Consult with department managers concerning the operation of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
- Provide that disciplinary action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or marital status.
- Recognize staff for exceptional care and job performance on a regular basis and as part of their formal performance evaluation.
- Manage facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables, and receivables.
- Monitor business activities to be certain procedures and standards are followed, appropriate handling of funds, and that sound credible business practices are followed at all times.
- Communicate budget guidelines and expectations to Department Managers.
Marketing and Revenue Management
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the facility that reflects service opportunities, competition, potential market area changes, and which maximizes census, payor mix, and ancillary revenues.
- Lead and monitor key staff and facility staff to play an active role in carrying out the marketing plan.
- Take initiative in the evaluation, development, and implementation of new business opportunities that meet the needs of the community and benefits the facility/Company.
- Develop positive relationships on behalf of the Company with government regulators, residents, families, other area health care providers, physicians, and the community at large.
- Act as a resource of information to the community related to health care issues
- Attend or complete (CEUs) in-service education programs in order to meet facility and licensure educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures, and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Other duties as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Current/active State Nursing Home Administrator license (Nursing Home)
- Current/active state Residential Care Administrator license (Assisted Living / Residential Care)
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
||This listing expires on: 3/1/2022