Prep Cook, Sign-On Bonus!
St. Joseph's Rehabilitation & Residence is currently seeking a full and part-time Prep Cooks to join our team. If you have food service experience and enjoy working with seniors, we would like to talk with you! Some weekend and holidays required.
Higher hourly pay for weekends and hours after 3pm weekdays!
This position ensures quality food is provided for residents at all times and supervises Dietary Aides. Food must be prepared in accordance with federal, state, and local nursing home standards, and facility established policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review menus prior to preparation of food and prepare appetizing meals according to the menu, including therapeutic diets, portioned controlled diets, etc.
- Ensure all food procedures are followed in accordance with policies, including preparing food following sanitary, infection control, and safety regulations.
Saint Joseph’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Assist in establishing and maintaining the food service production line ensuring that meals are prepared on time.
- Ensure residents requiring special diets receive the correct meals.
- Coordinate with the nursing department & dietician and implement recommended diet changes and orders.
- Ensure appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the residents' meals.
- Assist and direct cleaning duties in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure equipment and supplies are maintained, clean, and safe, including maintaining food storage areas.
- Assist with inventory and storing incoming food and supplies as needed.
- Assist with serving meals as needed.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required. Screening is done daily upon entry to the building. Masks are required at all times and are provided by the employer.
Prep Cook, Sign-On Bonus!
||St Joseph's Rehabilitation & Residence
|Posting Start Date:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year food service experience preferred
- Ability to safely use all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to utensils, mixers, oven, stove, etc.
- Must be able to cook a variety of food in large quantities
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to handle and serve pork and pork products.
- Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances require.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, and other visitors.
- Be knowledgeable of food handling and preparation procedures.
- Must possess leadership and ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must maintain the care ad use of supplies, equipment, and the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principals and be willing to incorporate them into existing food principals.
||This listing expires on: 1/27/2022