Health Operations Consultant - Long Term Care
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Health Operations Consultant (HOC) serves as a key member of the Operations Team. This position provides support and guidance to designated First Atlantic HealthCare (FAHC) facilities and Administrators responsible for directing day to day operations guided by the company’s Mission Statement and Values.
FAHC’s success rests on achieving its goals in four key areas. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting effective strategies that enable FAHC locations to meet or exceed their goals in the four areas listed below:
Market Share, Customer and Employee Satisfaction, Quality and Compliance, and Profitability
Leadership: Leadership, it has been said, differs from management as Management is doing things right; Leadership is doing the right things.
Leadership by the HOC will encompass the following ideas:
Simply said uses critical thinking and professional judgment to assign:
(1) The right task
(2) Under the right circumstances
(3) To the right person(s) or team
(4) With the right directions and communication; and
(5) Under the right supervision and evaluation.
Coaching - As coaching style communicates a positive attitude and supports employees with their professional growth and job performance improvement.
Empowering - Challenges others to provide and assume leadership roles and shares power in planning and decision-making.
- Professional conduct that generates trust.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes
- Insists on excellence (not perfection) and reinforces this excellence message by what they do – not what they say.
- Adapts to change well and with a great attitude
- Builds group cohesiveness and pride
- Recognizes and rewards individuals and team accomplishments and contributions
- Shares the limelight
- Manages conflict
- Prepares for the future
- Has courage to identify shortcomings and is committed to self-improvement
- Manages personal stress in positive ways
- Maintains current regulatory knowledge for the operation and licensing of nursing facilities and residential care facilities.
Communication: The Company emphasizes the importance of effective business communication as a core competency. Therefore, the HOC must be highly visible at all levels within the workforce and will be expected to excel in written, verbal and digital communication. The HOC is expected to provide an open, intellectual atmosphere conducive to the stimulation and exchange of ideas. Ideally, communications will serve to enthusiastically motivate the audience toward high performance.
The HOC may serve as an Interim Administrator or Interim Director of Nursing as vacancies arise and as credentials permit.
EDUCATIONAL and OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Care related field, Hospitality Management or Business required, with Master’s preferred.
- Current Multi-Level Administrator’s License preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license and unencumbered driving record required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in a senior leadership role specifically with budgetary/ financial and operational responsibilities as well as multi-property supervision.
- Strong understanding of state and federal regulations for assisted living, residential care, skilled care and nursing facilities.
- Solid working knowledge of business development, marketing, strategic planning.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent human relations skills with ability to effectively communicate with and motivate diverse workforce.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time or more with overnight stays.