RN Staff Development/QAPI Coordinator
In this dual position the Staff Development Coordinator plans, organizes, coordinates, executes and evaluates the continuing education, training, and staff development programs designed to improve the quality of care of residents in the Maine Veterans’ Homes. The Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) Coordinator is the chair of the QAPI committee and works with leadership staff to meet goals for improvement. The QAPI Coordinator will actively participate in the Corporate QAPI committee and will be responsible for MVH-M compliance with all quality measures. Additional responsibilities include data collection and analysis of quality measures / metrics to be submitted to the quarterly QAPI meetings.
- Manage Staff Education / Development Program
- Manage Infection Control Program
- Member of the Corporate QAPI Committee
- Coordinator of the Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement Program for MVH-M
- Oversee all the QAPI Initiatives at MVH-M
- Plan, develop, organize, schedule, implement and document staff education, training, and development program.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, provide and document continuing education programs based on identified needs, regulation or policy, including programs conducted by MVH and outside professionals.
- Plan, develop, and implement assessment processes and tools needed to identify individual, departmental and facility development and continuing education needs. Analyze information gathered to determine appropriate continuing education needs.
- Maintain accurate documentation of programs delivered, including material presented and staff attendance, to comply with organization and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Develop, present, assess, and update when required new employee general orientation program.
- Provide ample opportunity for all staff to attend mandatory annual in-service programs.
- Assist Administrator with Staff Development and Education budget development then monitor budget to ensure adherence.
- Administer Infection Control Program, including Performance Improvement and monitor infection control mechanisms. Report infection control data as required by organizational policies and statutory regulations.
- Manage employee immunization program, ensuring required records are submitted at time of hire and necessary testing is completed on a timely basis.
- In conjunction with Pharmacy Representative, complete final step in narcotic destruction process as needed.
- Actively participate in Home’s Safety Committee in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff and residents.
- As assigned, assist RCD on management issues regarding nursing services, policies, regulatory requirements and strategic planning.
- Complete all administrative responsibilities inherent in the position and as required by MVH policy and procedure in a professional, accurate and timely manner. Support and implement MVH policies, review/analyze as needed and complete reports and other paperwork as assigned.
- Maintain department documents/records according to Home’s policies and procedures and in compliance with state, federal and VA regulations and accreditation agencies.
- Lead the team to achieve and sustain a culture of excellence by using fact based data driven decision making model with a proactive approach to continually improve the way we care for those who served.
- Promote the continuous development support and sustaining of a culture that embraces Quality Assurance Performance Improvement.
- Analyze data to identify opportunities, and then develop and implement plans to improve MVH-Machias quality outcomes.
- Develop systems to effectively report data results to MVH-M QAPI committee to promote change in practice, quality, and growth as indicated.
- Compare results to industry standards and bench marks.
- Assists department managers to identify department specific performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in multi disciplinary performance improvement measures and reviews department’s performance.
- Educate all departments / employees with the QAPI process and language.
- Support staff participation in QAPI activities.
- Submit required QAPI reports in a timely manner.
- Promote alignment of corporate and home strategic plan with MVH processes and systems.
- Assist to lead MVH-M teams to understand and utilize the performance excellence frame work using the AHCA Quality Awards program.
- Participate twice a year in the Artifacts of Culture Change survey and annually in the SWOT analysis and Strategic Plan Development.
- Attend/participate in relevant webinars, meetings, trainings, and seminars.
- Participate in departmental and organizational committees as applicable.
- Promote collaborative teamwork; ability to work with peers in a team situation.
- Ability to have empathy for residents and to treat them with dignity, respect in a professional and courteous manner.
- Attend off site meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Organize and direct special projects and perform other duties as needed or assigned by the Administrator or RCD.
RN Staff Development/QAPI Coordinator
||Maine Veterans' Homes - Machias
|Posting Start Date:
- Degree from an accredited nursing program required, BSN preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and current RN license by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
- Minimum of five years of progressive professional nursing experience with at least two years of long-term care, clinical and charge experience.
- Skilled nursing care and dementia care experience desirable.
- Knowledge of infection control and prevention programs required.
- Teaching experience strongly preferred.
||This listing expires on: 11/15/2022