Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
Maine Veterans’ Homes - Scarborough is searching for a dynamic Nursing Home Administrator who is passionate, dedicated, and will strive to improve the lives of our residents and employees every day.
The Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and staffing for our 120-bed multi-level long term care and 30-bed assisted living facility.
Job responsibilities include:
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the facility’s programs and activities to insure cost effectiveness, quality, stability, optimal patient care services, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, maximization of census, and compliance with all federal and state laws and agency rules.
- Oversees and directs clinical and program services through the Department Heads, including nursing and physician services, pharmaceutical services, dietary services, social services, activities, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Oversees and directs the facility’s human resources functions.
- Oversees and directs the financial operations.
- Assures an adequate physical environment and proper environmental care services, equipment and supplies exist in order to provide a safe, functional, sanitary and comfortable environment for the residents, employees and the public.
- Oversees and directs the facility’s Information Systems, in cooperation with the Director of Information Technology and assigned facility staff.
- Oversees and directs the facility’s marketing and public relations programs in cooperation with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Develops and maintains positive and effective working relationships within the facility, with other MVH locations, veterans and veterans’ organizations, the community and the public.
- Attends Administrator Meetings providing constructive input into programs, policies, systems, methods, problem identification and resolution, etc.
- Oversees, coordinates and ensures compliance with the Home’s care delivery system, established policies, procedures, standardized methods, and responsibilities to best meet patient care needs, the facility’s needs, achievement of goals, and compatibility with regulatory requirements and accreditation agencies.
- Oversees the accurate completion of all documentation for their facility, central office and Board of Trustees in a timely manner. Paperwork is completed according to policies and procedures, in compliance with state, federal, and VA regulations and accreditation agencies.
- Reads/reviews current literature and disseminates same to appropriate staff to assure that the Home is current on the latest administrative and clinical issues.
- Organizes and directs special projects as assigned and as needed, establishes time frames for completion and delegates responsibilities.
- Oversees and directs the facility’s QAPI program in cooperation and alignment with the central office QAPI Workgroup and MVH QAPI plan.
- Supports, enforces, and actively monitors compliance systems and controls to ensure facility activities and systems prevent fraud, waste, and abuse; prevent resident abuse and neglect; and support a culture of transparency and improvement. Responsible for implementation of MVH Compliance program standards in facility. Ensures required workforce training is provided.
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned by the Chief Operations Officer.
Maine Veterans’ Homes offers competitive wages and a customizable benefits package. Options include employer-contributed medical, dental and vision, company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability, supplemental insurance options including life and accident, dependent and medical flexible spending accounts, participation in the Maine Public Employee’s Retirement System, 403(b) plan with employer match, generous earned benefit time, continuing education opportunities and tuition loan assistance, robust wellness incentive program, and several employee discounts and programs available through payroll deduction.
At Maine Veterans’ Home, we believe it is a privilege and our responsibility to provide care and support for those who honorably served our country, as well as for their families. We are very proud that our Scarborough nursing home was the first in Maine to achieve the National Gold Award for Excellence in Quality from the American Health Care Association.
We look forward to speaking with you and introducing you to the high quality care and teamwork that sets Maine Veterans’ Homes apart in long term care.
Maine Veterans’ Homes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
||Maine Veterans' Homes - Scarborough
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health Administration, Business Administration, or health related field.
- Must possess a State of Maine Multi-Level Long Term Care Administrator’s license in good standing.
- Must have at least three years successful administrative experience in a nursing facility.
- Veterans who possess required qualifications are given job preference.
||This listing expires on: 6/20/2023