Shared Living Provider
Looking for Shared Living Providers in Central/Northern Maine
Are you a looking to work from the comfort of your own home? Independence Advocates of Maine (IAM) Shared Living Program is seeking individuals or families, willing to share their home, and provide a safe, nurturing environment for individuals with intellectual disabilities or Autism. Shared Living Providers are Independent Contractors, (IAM) offers guidance and support to Shared Living Providers through regular home visits, assistance to access required trainings, MaineCare billing, compliance standards, and other assistance needed to do the job well. Independent contractors are paid a daily rate of up to $118.00, based on Individual MaineCare section 21 & 29 services, plus additional room, and board!
- Ideal provider should have a positive attitude, be flexible, creative, be able to maintain required paperwork and be willing to support individuality and personal growth.
- You must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Valid State of Maine Driver’s License
- Home and Auto insurance
- You must complete required trainings and certifications. The required trainings include but not limited to:
- The College of Direct Support
- 8 hour Certified Residential Medication Aide training
- First aid/CPR
- Must be able to pass background checks.
- You must have a clean house and a spare bedroom
- Provide support to individual with day-to-day activities, accessing community resources and developing relationships that offer opportunities to enrich their lives and strengthen their daily living skills.
If you have any questions about becoming an Adult Shared Living Provider or would like an application, please contact Shared Living Coordinator Paula Stevens 207-866-3769 #142.