Social Services Director
Marshall Healthcare Facility is a 64 bed skilled and long term care facility
located in the beautiful coastal town of Machias, Maine. Our employees are among the most loyal and dedicated, some having worked here over 25 years. In addition to the attention provided by our highly trained and skilled staff, our residents have complete access to restorative nursing and therapy services on an as needed basis. Through professional care planning and engaging activities, the aim is to help individuals live as independently as possible, with dignity and respect. Under the ownership of First Atlantic Healthcare, Marshall Health Care follows in First Atlantic's long standing reputation for excellence in Long Term Care
Marshall is Music & Memory certified and is a 5-STAR facility.
Social Services Director Position Summary
As a part of strong care and leadership teams, the primary duties of this position are to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the facility’s Social Services department. The ideal candidates will possess good communications and interpersonal skills to interact with the facility’s residents and work with the staff members to ensure the residents’ needs are maintained on an individual basis. This position reports to the facility Executive Director/Administrator.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for identifying the medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services, as directed.
- Obtain resources from community social, health and welfare agencies to meet the needs of the resident.
- Provide solutions for social and practical environmental problems including seeking financial assistance, discharge planning (including collaboration with community agencies) and referrals to other community agencies when specialized assistance is required.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Oversight of required reporting, submitting necessary information to the facility Administrator.
- Work with resident/families as to Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the resident.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and support is in place for proper billing and accounts receivable management.
- Compile information on discharge plans and present to appropriate committee as required.
- Orient the resident to the long-term care environment and facilitate adjustment upon placement.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse
- Complying with all Resident’s Rights and facility policies and procedures.
- Report suspected or known incidence of fraud relative to false billings, cost reports, kickbacks, etc.
- Work with the facility’s consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Make routine visits to residents and provide services as necessary.
- Focus on the efficient operation of the social services department; maintaining appropriate levels of staffing and managing the department budget.
- Assist in the education of the community regarding aging, rights of residents, facility services and other related topics.
- Lead and/or Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Supervise the overall maintenance operation of this facility/community.
- Keep required records and submit to the Administrator/Executive Director when required.
- Ensure Social Services are in compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Lead and attend monthly in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational hour requirements.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and performance management to your staff.
- Interview, and make recommendations for hiring decisions of staff.
- Provide training and orientation to new staff – within and outside the department.
- Attend department supervisor meetings and participate on required committees.
- Participate in budget planning for the Social Services Department.
- Degree in Social Work (BSW) and Licensed Social Worker (LSW) within the state of Maine
- Two years of experience in a supervisory capacity within a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Experienced in the needs of a SNF/NF/Assisted Living Residents.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good assessment, listening, and counseling skills.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to write well to communicate patient care needs.
- Genuine caring for and interest in Residents of a nursing facility.
Social Services Director Benefits:
- Flexible shifts
- Tuition reimbursement and education support
- Full time employees have access to full benefits; medical, dental, vision, and disability
- Flexible savings account, including medical and dependent care
- Paid Time Off available to all employees
- 401(k) Retirement savings program with employer contribution
- Employer paid life insurance
- Home and auto insurance through payroll deduction
- Pay on Demand: Daily access to your paycheck
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts through Vizient
- A great place to grow in health care and the food services field
All job offers are contingent upon receiving excellent references and passing the Maine State Background Check. State of Maine requires Covid-19 Vaccination.
Social Services Director
||First Atlantic HealthCare - Marshall's Health Care and Rehabilitation
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 10/26/2023