RNs -– $5,000 Signing Bonus! & NEW RATES
New Per Diem RN rates $35/hr. (PLUS shift and $5.00 covid relief pay)
Full-Time, Part-Time and per diem - Hiring 2nd & 3rd shift (3pm-11pm /11pm- 7am)
The Barron Center is a 219-bed long-term care skilled nursing facility owned and operated by the City of Portland. Our 200-year history of excellence is the basis for a caring, creative work environment. We are currently looking for dedicated people to join our team.
The union represented wages offered start between $26.58-$32.06 depending on years of experience. Shift differentials vary for $2.00-$5.00 depending on the shift worked. In addition to the standard rate of pay listed, we are distributing an additional $5.00 for each hour worked until June 2023 for all Barron Center employees from our CARES ACT funding. The generous benefits add to the overall compensation package:
- FREE Health Insurance with $0 Premium upon completion of basic wellness credits
$400 Individual deductible -Maximum annual out of pocket $1500
90% coinsurance after deductible
No charge for preventative care or PCP office visits
$20 copay to specialist and Urgent Care
Covers chiropractic, acupuncture and massage
This benefit alone can add significantly to your annual income.
(ex: If you currently pay $300 per month for health insurance, receiving it at no cost adds the equivalent of $1.85 to your hourly rate)
- Choice of 2 exceptional retirement plans with 7.5% employer contribution
- 2 weeks paid vacation accrued weekly first year
- Health Care Flex spending accounts to reduce taxes paid
- Dependent Care Flex spending accounts to reduce taxes paid
- Union representation for negotiating pay increases
- Employee Referral Program- $1000 paid for successful referral
- 50% tuition reduction at University of Southern Maine
- optional life, dental, vision and income protection insurance
Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory criminal background check. For more information contact Denise Perkins at 541-6639. For an on-line application, visit portlandmaine.gov under the Employment Opportunities Link.