Contact CMS: Minimum Staffing Requirements for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- By: Ben Hawkins
- On: 01/26/2023 12:37:21
- In: National Affiliate News
The recorded webinar is now available for AHCA/NCAL members. Please log in and register for the webinar in order to view it.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with registering or have any questions.
Click here to access the webinar.
Summary of the webinar:
Mark Parkinson says the staffing minimum requirement is the worst public policy idea he has seen in the past 12 years. CMS is going to issue a staffing proposal around May 1.
AHCA's goal is to shape the proposal before it comes out on May 1.
- AHCA asks we submit a comment by February 28.
- All NF staff, including frontline workers, are encouraged to submit comments
- Make comments personalized to drive home message.
- Use own circumstances and examples
- Focus on our patients and residents
- Explain who you are
- What you do & how long you have been in this line of work
- Why you work in LTC
- Describe your building
- Location, # of units. profile of your residents' needs
- Your commitment to quality
- Mention any AHCA Quality Award or other award you have received
- Explain what your residents mean to you and your team
- Workforce not available
- Explain how difficult it is to get workers
- Recruitment challenges
- How many open positions
- Inability to fill shifts
- Asks of CMS
- Don't do this.
- Or if they do it, then phase it in as the workforce comes back
- Any requirement must be paid entirely by Medicaid and Medicare
- Include a broad definition of staff under the requirement
- Staff other than nurses still offer valuable care to our residents
- Note that LTC sector still trying to recover from the COVID pandemic
- Don't do this.
- Send through AHCA/NCAL website (https://www.votervoice.net/AHCA/Campaigns/99591/Respond)
- Or submit to email@example.com
- Please send a copy to AHCA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff contact: email@example.com