CDC Releases PPE Burn Rate Calculator and Updates Infection Control Recommendations 03/30/2021
- By: Danielle Watford
- On: 04/01/2021 08:36:53
- In: COVID-19
Enclosed in the updated Infection Prevention guidance includes:
- Visitation and physical distancing measures.
- Health department notification criteria to be consistent with Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologist guidance for reporting.
- Information on importance of vaccinating residents and HCW
- Proper use and handling of personal protective equipment (PPE). Including the universal PPE use to align with the?interim infection prevention and control guidance for HCP.
- A description of when it may be appropriate for a resident with a suspected COVID-19 infection to “shelter-in-place”.
- Considerations for situations when it might be appropriate to keep the room door open for a resident with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- Management of residents who had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection, including a description of quarantine recommendations (resident placement, recommended PPE, and duration of quarantine).
- Addressing circumstances when quarantine is recommended for residents who leave the facility.
- Responding to newly identified COVID-19 infected resident or HCP.
- Addressing quarantine and work exclusion considerations for asymptomatic residents and HCP who are within 90 days of resolved infection.
Staff Contact: email@example.com