Nominees sought for 2021-22 Future Leaders program
- By: Nadine Grosso
- On: 04/01/2021 12:43:43
- In: National Affiliate News
The American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) has asked each state association to nominate one member to participate in the “Future Leaders of Long Term Care in America” program. Candidates will be selected for this professional training and mentorship program, which begins at the September 28 – 30, 2021 symposium in Washington, DC. While AHCA/NCAL is optimistic the program will happen, all plans are tentative as the pandemic continues to unfold
AHCA/NCAL has asked that nominees for the 2021/2022 class be owners and/or operators who are up and coming leaders within each state. They encourage nominees who reflect not only the diversity of AHCA membership in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, and socio-economic backgrounds, but the various constituency groups that comprise AHCA/NCAL – whether that is a rural or urban area, a non-profit or a proprietary facility, or small, independently-owned facilities or regional, multi-facility corporations.
Participants will be expected to participate in the program in the following ways:
- Attend a three-day training session, which will be held in Washington, DC, September 28 - 30;
- Complete any assigned reading – typically 4 or 5 books during the year – and be prepared to discuss on conference calls;
- Participate in a majority of scheduled quarterly conference calls and activities, including a graduation event hosted by AHCA/NCAL leadership at the 2022 AHCA/NCAL Annual Convention & Expo, which will be held October 9 – 12, 2022 in Nashville;
- Demonstrate an interest in working on LTC issues at the national level, which may include participating on AHCA/NCAL workgroups or committees; and
- Consider active participation in the AHCA PAC and promoting its importance to other members.
AHCA will absorb the costs related to the “Future Leaders of Long Term Care in America” symposium, including a two-night hotel stay, airfare, and a fixed stipend of $100.00 for miscellaneous travel expenses.
Maine's nomination will be due by June 14, 2021. If interested, contact Rick Erb at MHCA.
Staff Contact: email@example.com