Complimentary Dementia Training OpportunityUNE's AgingME: Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP) will host the next session of its Dementia Reconsidered series, Dementia Reconsidered, Using Medications Wisely, Wednesday, April 7, 2021 from 10am – 12pm. This session of Dementia Reconsidered will be presented by Susan Wehry, MD with special guest Sydney P. Springer, PharmD, MS, BCPS, BCGP.
Have you seen an uptick in anti-psychotic medicine? Are you wondering how to decrease it? Please join us to discuss.
The recommended audience for this training includes:
- Health professionals involved in the care of persons living with dementia (including Physicians, NPs, Pharmacists and health professionals working in long term care
- And, people living with dementia and those who love and care for them.
What people can expect to learn:
- The differences between drugs used in dementia to treat cognitive symptoms like memory loss and associated symptoms like depression, anxiety and distressing behaviors and the potential risks and benefits of each.
- Alternatives to medication use to address the distress often experienced by people living with dementia, at home, in congregate living or in nursing homes.
- Prescribers in particular will learn ways to address family and staff concerns about gradual dose reduction.
The meeting invite and materials will be sent prior to the training.
Staff Contact: email@example.com