Nominations open for Champion of Quality AwardThe AHCA Quality Improvement Committee is seeking nominations for the 2021 Mary K. Ousley Champion of Quality Award. The electronic nomination form is linked below and the deadline to nominate a candidate is June 7, 2021.
This award recognizes an individual that has made significant national contributions to advancing quality performance in long-term and/or post-acute care. Please consider submitting a nomination for an individual that meets the nomination requirements and candidate attributes below.
Electronic Nomination Form: Champion of Quality Nomination Form
- Nominations will be accepted from AHCA/NCAL members, state affiliates and staff.
- Nominees must have made a national impact to advance quality care in the long-term care field: nursing centers, assisted living, or post-acute care. Recipients of the award are not required to be members.
- Only one nomination is accepted for a candidate. If multiple nominations are submitted for one person, the nominators will be asked to combine nominations, or the first nomination will be accepted.
- Nominations should not be more than two pages.
- The nomination must clearly establish the national impact the nominee has had on advancing quality care.
The following are examples of the types of contributions exemplified by strong candidates:
- A catalyst for adoption of innovative approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements in quality.
- A leader in long term care research and/or interventions that have resulted in significant quality improvement.
- A champion and leader of performance improvement at the national level in long-term care: nursing centers, assisted living, and/or post-acute care.
- An educator and advocate for systematic approaches to quality improvement.
- An advocate for policy reform that improves the care of elderly in long term care.
Staff Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org