Nursing Home Administrators Licensing Board Seeking Candidates
The Board was established to ensure that qualified applicants for licensure of administrators meet the necessary standards to be qualified and responsible for the general administration of a facility.
The primary responsibilities of the Board are to examine and license qualified applicants for licensure by ensuring that minimum core competency standards for general administration of a nursing home facility have been met, to revoke or to refuse to renew any licenses after proper notice and hearing. The Board typically meets on a quarterly basis on the 4th Wednesday of the month and begins at 9:00 AM. The Board is currently in rulemaking and may hold additional meetings as needed.
Currently, there are two sitting board members that include:
- Seat 2: Registered Nurse with not less than 5 years of active practice (Andrea Otis-Higgins, who is also an Administrator)
- Seat 6: Nursing Home Administrator with not less than 5 years active experience (Leo Bouchard)
- Seat 1: Administrator of an Intermediate Care Facility for developmentally disabled individuals (residential care administrator) with not less than 5 years active practice in that capacity (resident of Maine)
- Seat 3: Public member (resident of Maine)
- Seat 4: Public member (resident of Maine)
- Seat 5: Nursing Home administrator with not less than 5 years of active experience in that capacity (resident of Maine)
- Seat 7: Nursing Home administrator with not less than 5 years of active experience in that capacity (resident of Maine)
Individuals interested in applying for consideration should send:
- Updated Resume
- Completed Application for Gubernatorial Appointment Form
Questions can also be sent to Joe Boucher at Joseph.Boucher@maine.gov
Anyone chosen would also be asked to submit to Tax/ Criminal background check and sign a conflict of interest form.
For additional information, please call 207-287-3531.
Staff contact: email@example.com