Nursing Home Administrators Licensing Board Seeking Candidates
- By: Angela Westhoff
- On: 11/10/2021 10:17:09
- In: State Agency News
The Board was established to ensure that qualified applicants for licensure of administrators meet the necessary standards to be qualified and responsible for the general administration of a facility.
The primary responsibilities of the Board are to examine and license qualified applicants for licensure by ensuring that minimum core competency standards for general administration of a nursing home facility have been met, to revoke or to refuse to renew any licenses after proper notice and hearing. The Board typically meets on a quarterly basis on the 4th Wednesday of the month and begins at 9:00 AM. The Board is currently in rulemaking and may hold additional meetings as needed.
Currently, there are two sitting board members that include:
- Seat 2: Registered Nurse with not less than 5 years of active practice (Andrea Otis-Higgins, who is also an Administrator)
- Seat 6: Nursing Home Administrator with not less than 5 years active experience (Leo Bouchard)
- Seat 1: Administrator of an Intermediate Care Facility for developmentally disabled individuals (residential care administrator) with not less than 5 years active practice in that capacity (resident of Maine)
- Seat 3: Public member (resident of Maine)
- Seat 4: Public member (resident of Maine)
- Seat 5: Nursing Home administrator with not less than 5 years of active experience in that capacity (resident of Maine)
- Seat 7: Nursing Home administrator with not less than 5 years of active experience in that capacity (resident of Maine)
Individuals interested in applying for consideration should send:
- Updated Resume
- Completed Application for Gubernatorial Appointment Form
Questions can also be sent to Joe Boucher at Joseph.Boucher@maine.gov
Anyone chosen would also be asked to submit to Tax/ Criminal background check and sign a conflict of interest form.
For additional information, please call 207-287-3531.
Staff contact: firstname.lastname@example.org