HRSA Continues Phase 4 Funding Release and provides additional guidance
This means approximately $11 billion in PRF Phase 4 payments has been distributed to more than 74,000 providers in all 50 states, Washington D.C., and five territories. The American Rescue Plan (ARP) Rural has distributed $7.5 billion in funding to more than 43,000 providers in December 2021 and January 2022. The HRSA press release is available here.
Additionally, AHCA/NCAL has regularly scheduled calls with HRSA. During the last communication, HRSA noted the important points below.
- Reconsideration Period for Phase 4 and ARP Rural begins on February 1. Current HRSA guidance on reconsideration is available here.
- Reporting Period 2 submissions are due by March 31, 2022. HRSA reporting schedule and guidance are available here.
- Phase 4 awards still are being made. HRSA has indicated it is working through 25,000 provider applications. If a provider has not received a No Pay Letter, a Phase 4 award is forthcoming. Additionally, because Phase 4 awards are still being made, payment breakouts are not yet available.
- Double check all Optum Account information, including the account must be active; the provider number associated with the account must be a billing identification number, not a non-billing identification number; ensure the Optum Account staff contact is up to date; and check email and spam firewall settings to ensure HRSA notifications are validated emails.
- Attempt to resolve challenges at least twice with the Support Line. Document all conversations.
Staff contact: ngrosso@mehca/org