CMS updates Nursing Home Visitation FAQs
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released an updated version of the Nursing Home Visitation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The updates provide important clarifications, such as:
- Suggestions on how to conduct visits that reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Best practices for improving air quality to reduce risks during visitation.
- Ways a facility can improve and/or manage air flow during visitation.
- Availability of funding for environmental changes, which reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Facilities can request CMP reinvestment funds to purchase portable fans and portable room air cleaners with HEPA filters.
- Visitor testing as a condition of entering a facility
Staff contact: firstname.lastname@example.org