CMS updates Nursing Home Visitation FAQs
- By: Danielle Watford
- On: 02/03/2022 13:51:48
- In: COVID-19
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released an updated version of the Nursing Home Visitation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The updates provide important clarifications, such as:
- Suggestions on how to conduct visits that reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Best practices for improving air quality to reduce risks during visitation.
- Ways a facility can improve and/or manage air flow during visitation.
- Availability of funding for environmental changes, which reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Facilities can request CMP reinvestment funds to purchase portable fans and portable room air cleaners with HEPA filters.
- Visitor testing as a condition of entering a facility
Staff contact: email@example.com