MHCA Seeks Feedback: Proposed Changes to Rules Regarding Delegation by RNs of Selected Nursing Tasks to Certified Nursing AssistantsRecently, MHCA was made aware that there are proposed amendments to the Chapter 5:Training Programs and Delegation by Registered Professional Nurses of Selected Nursing Tasks to Certified Nursing Assistants rule. Changes of note include:
- modifying clinical sites approved for CNA-M medication administration;
- include diabetic subcutaneous medication administration, gastrostomy tube medication administration, and nebulizer therapy;
- modify faculty requirements for course instruction with changes in related experience;
- include an exemption to permit registered nurse students in a nursing program that meet medication administration requirements to administer medications; and
- add language to permit practical nurses/ registered professional nurses who successfully complete a prelicensure program to administer medications.
Official comments are due by Monday, March 28, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Staff Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org