MHCA to partner with StrengthenME to provide virtual wellness workshopsMHCA is pleased to share that we have partnered with Strengthen ME, the State of Maine's behavioral health and resiliency response to the Covid-19 pandemic to bring a 6-week series of 30-minute wellness workshops to our members. Wellness workshops are modeled after “Lunch and Learns” that focus on mental and emotional wellness using practical tips and mindfulness to explore a variety of topics. Participants may attend any or all of the sessions and there is no cost to participate. We encourage members to share this opportunity with your staff, all are welcome. A printable flyer can be found here.
The schedule of topics is as follows:
- APRIL 6- LETTING GO OF WHAT WE CAN'T CONTROL: Holding on to things we can't control can cause us a great deal of stress and unhappiness. It also keeps us stuck in the past and keeps us from growing and living our lives freely. This workshop explores strategies for letting go.
- APRIL 13- HOW TO HAVE DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS: No one likes having a difficult conversation. Whether at work, at home or with a close friend, a difficult conversation is something many of us try to avoid. This workshop explores why difficult conversations are necessary and how to approach them.
- APRIL 20- ASKING FOR HELP : It isn't always easy to ask for help, particularly when you're used to being the helper. This workshop explores common barriers to seeing help and offers strategies to effectively and mindfully ask for and receive the help you need.
- APRIL 27- MAXIMIZING FOCUS AT WORK : Do you have trouble focusing at work, or frequently get distracted and struggle to regain your concentration? You're not alone. This workshop explores strategies for maximizing your focus at work.
- MAY 4- MAKING AMENDS: How to apologize and why it's important : In this workshop, we'll explore the essentials of a true apology, why this is important in and out of the workplace, and how to avoid the common mistakes when apologizing.
- MAY 11- STAYING GROUNDED WHILE OTHERS ARE ESCALATING : Now, more than ever, our ability to stay calm is being put to the test. In this workshop, we'll explore strategies for deescalating ourselves and others, putting our mind ahead of our emotions in order to succeed, as individuals and as part of a larger community.