Notice of Final Statewide Transition Plan (STP) for Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) SettingsThe U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has published regulations that define the settings in which it is permissible for states to pay for Medicaid HCBS services. The Statewide Transition Plan is required as part of ensuring Maine comes into full compliance with the federal regulations.
In the Final STP the strategies, processes, and resources the state has deployed to complete all efforts necessary to come into full compliance with the federal regulations are described. The Final STP serves as the state's roadmap for implementing the federal HCBS rule and outlines a detailed work plan and timeline for ensuring that all settings in which HCBS services are provided comply with the federal standards by March 17, 2023.
WAIVERS: The following waivers are subject to the new federal and state requirements within CMS 2249-F/CMS 2296-F:
- Section 18, Home- and Community-Based Services for Adults with Brain Injury (ME 1082)
- Section 19, Home and Community Benefits for the Elderly and for Adults with Disabilities (ME 0276)
- Section 20, Home and Community Services for Adults with Other Related Conditions (ME 0995)
- Section 21, Home and Community Benefits for Members with Intellectual Disabilities or Autistic Disorder (ME 0159)
- Section 29, Support Services for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities or Autistic Disorder (ME 0467).
DATE, TIME AND PLACE OF PUBLIC HEARING: May 10, 2022, 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) with a comment deadline of May 20, 2022 by 11:59pm
The Department welcomes public comments on Maine's Final HCBS Statewide Transition Plan. Comments may be submitted:
- In writing to the agency contact person listed below; or
- OMS rulemaking mailbox; or
Meeting ID: 816 6846 7764
Dial by your location: 646-876-9923 US
Staff Contact: email@example.com