AHRQ Seeks Nursing Homes for Pilot Study: Up to $1500 Offered for participation!The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is seeking nursing homes to participate in a pilot study of Workplace Safety Supplemental Items for the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture (SOPS) Nursing Home Survey. This survey focuses on the extent to which nursing homes' organizational culture supports the safety of staff in the workplace.
- The survey will take participants roughly 15 minutes and Westat will administer the SOPS Nursing Home and Workplace Safety Supplemental Item Set to all providers and staff in your nursing home(s), free of charge in June/July 2022.
- Participating nursing homes will receive $1,000 and an additional $500 if a 50% response rate for the nursing home is achieved.
- Your nursing home(s) will receive a free feedback report comparing its results to all other pilot study nursing homes.
- The option to have your findings included in the next SOPS Nursing Home Database this coming Fall.
- The results from the pilot test will help AHRQ create a new workplace safety supplemental item set for users of the SOPS Nursing Home Survey. The items are designed to help nursing homes assess workplace safety culture in their institutions. These tools will eventually be free and publicly available on the AHRQ website.
- The data and results will be aggregated so that responses cannot be traced to individual nursing homes or individual respondents. It is completely confidential.
MHCA would like to thank the Cutler Institute of the University of Southern Maine for bringing forward this opportunity to our Maine homes!
Staff Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org