MHCA excited to announce upcoming Navigating Maine’s Long-Term Service & Supports (LTSS) System webinar
This webinar has been designed to be a valuable resource for both new and experienced nursing home staff that are responsible for the completion or tracking of the MED and PASRR claim process. Nursing Home providers are required by Federal law to continually review the needs of their residents. Specifically, homes are required to request a medical assessment when there is any question whether a resident meets the Mainecare requirements for payment of nursing facility services. The State of Maine's Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), through the Office of Aging and Disability (OADS), has contracted with MAXIMUS Ascend, to manage its Statewide Assessing Services. This single Assessing Services Agency (ASA) Program determines eligibility for programs and services that are vital to individuals living across the State. From assessments like the Medical Eligibility Determination (MED), Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) or Acquired Brain Injury (ABI), the program team at MAXIMUS Ascend provides a variety of different assessment services for the State of Maine. In this program we will review the process of determining eligibility for nursing home residents with leaders of Maine's Department of Health and Human long-term services and supports team as well as share MHCA developed tools, tip sheets and best practices from around the state.
Topics to be covered
Topics to be covered
- Review MED Eligibility and Referral Process.
- Review how to compile and submit necessary documentation for MED referrals.
- Provide best practice education on PASRR assessments including eligibility and documentation requirements.
- Identify documentation necessary to be compliant with referrals.
- Identify common challenges or barriers to the assessment process.
- Review documentation, policy, and procedure best practices from across the state.
- Gain access to templated documents created by MHCA that will assist homes in streamlining their internal processes when requesting eligibility assessments.
Staff Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org