1/5/23: Maine Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program Webinar on The Power of Care
The Power of Care Ambassador Program Overview
In early October, the Maine Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP), in partnership with ETHOS, Maine CDC, DHHS Office of Aging and Disability Services and Licensing and Certification launched the Power of Care campaign.
The objective of the campaign is to increase vaccination rates for both COVID-19 and influenza among direct care staff employed in long-term care facilities and home care.
In addition to the Power of Care campaign utilizing social media we will be using peer to peer support to reach direct care staff across long-term services and supports settings providing information about the importance of vaccination, the campaign needs Ambassadors, who are direct care staff, to serve as the peer to peer support we need providing information about the importance of vaccination.
The benefits of the Program for your facility
The Power of Care Ambassador Program is a great opportunity for you to identify a leader in your facility and allow them the opportunity to be elevated as a Power of Care Ambassador. This also allows your facility to be seen in the community as a facility that is prioritizing vaccinations to keep residents and staff safe. And of course, the main objective is to increase your staff vaccination rates including boosters.
Power of Care Ambassador Requirements
- Ambassadors will commit to serving for three months
- Ambassadors will be reimbursed via Visa gift card, $100 per month served, for the efforts made to increase vaccination rates in the facility they serve
- Ambassadors will receive an initial one hour orientation training via zoom, and agree to commit to a one hour once a month check in via zoom
- The Ambassador will be provided material to distribute among staff that focuses on educating staff about The Power of Care Campaign, and directs the staff to visit the campaign landing page for more information on the importance of getting vaccinated and staying up to date
- Ambassadors will wear a Power of Care Ambassador badge while in the facility
- Throughout the three months you serve, you will receive support from LTCOP including one a month on site visit, a contact that is available for any questions, and once a month check in via zoom
1/5/2023 @ 1pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 817 5543 1245
Questions or comments?
Please contact Nicole Marchesi, Project Manager
The Maine Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program